Your Underwater Navigation course will consist of:
Knowledge Development: Through homework, and the vast knowledge of your Learntodive PADI Instructor you will learn about –
- Different navigation patterns, what they are used for and their limitations
- How to use a compass – properly!
- How to navigate using the natural environment
- How to ‘mark’ or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- How to make an underwater map
- Ways of estimating distance underwater
Your newly acquired knowledge will be put into practice during three open water dives.
The course is run over one/ two days depending on progress, and time of year (3 dives).
The cost of the Underwater Navigation course is £215.
This is fully inclusive of your site entry, any kit hire you may need, air fills and course materials.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment - this includes state of the art camera systems.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- Most importantly – we love diving and want to make sure that you do too!
What can I do after this course?
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.