Search and Recovery
Your search and recovery course will consist of:
Knowledge Development: Through homework and the vast knowledge of your Learntodive PADI Instructor you will learn about -
- Search and recovery dive planning, organisation, what they are used for, how to conduct them and what their limitations may be.
- Different types of search patterns, what they are used for, how to conduct them and what their limitations may be.
- Different types of lift bags and other potential recovery methods
- How to search in limited visibility.
Your knowledge development session will be followed by four open water dives, during which you will get to put your newly acquired knowledge into action. We will get you finding, moving and recovering lots of stuff!
The course is run over two days (4 dives).
The cost of your search and recovery speciality course is £255
This is fully inclusive of your site entry, any kit hire you may need, air fills and course materials.
You must be aged 12 or over. There is no maximum age.
Hold an Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent) or be an Open Water Diver with a Underwater Navigation Speciality rating.
Complete the PADI Medical Statement - see useful documents
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment - this includes state of the art camera systems.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- Most importantly – we love diving and want to make sure that you do too!
What can I do after this course?
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.