Diving for the stunt register
- Diving is actually good fun and the majority of the time, fairly relaxed in its approach.
- It’s the only skill where you will enter and be immersed in a completely new world.
- It’s reasonable in terms of cost in comparison to many other skills.
- It’s not a skill that will feel like an endurance project
- There is no BSR exam at the end - it is more vocational.
- Being a dive professional provides other avenues of employment in an amazing world, should it ever be required.
- Open Water Diver (4 days)
- Advanced Open Water (2-3 days)
- Emergency First Response (this is a first aid certification. If you hold an equivalent gained in the last 24 months you will not have to do this). (1 day)
- Rescue Diver (2 days)
- Then work up to 40 logged dives so that you can begin the Divemaster Course
- Divemaster (timeframe varies as the course is run as an internship. It will depend on individual capability and amount of time that can be dedicated).
Course prices are as follows:
- Open water (£425)
- Advanced Open Water (£295 / £275 if you completed your open water course with us)
- EFR: £150
- Rescue: £325 / £295 if you completed your previous courses with us
EFR and rescue booked together: £425 / 395 if you completed your previous courses with us.
Divemaster: £425 for the course. You will also need to purchase the Divemaster crew pack which is approx. £260 (price varies slightly depending on PADI prices). At the end of the course you will need pay an application fee to PADI to become a Divemaster (£100). As Divemaster is a professional qualification you will also be expected to own the majority of your own dive equipment (not cylinder or weights).
We do not create dive packages as we do not feel they are best for either party involved to be tied in to. They are also often advertised as good prices but not are not as inclusive as you would think. We prefer to offer anyone who does all or the majority of their courses with us the ability to work up their dive numbers without having to pay site entrance or air fills by assisting us at the lake. It also starts you on the right track to your divemaster qualification and saves you a lot of money.
Because we have and are based on our own lake, we are unique in that we can offer things that other dive centres cannot. There are lots of benefits of learning with us including:
- More flexibility around courses and when we can hold them
- More in-water time if and when required (without extra charges).
- We spend time with you to make sure that you are competent, safe and happy even if it means spending extra time with you. Our courses are not just attendance courses.
- All our courses are based at Wraysbury Dive Centre so you do not need frequently travel to multiple locations at your cost.
- Most other dive centres use our facility anyway, so why not cut out the middleman and avoid entrance fees.
- If you do all or the majority of your courses with us we will help you work up to your required dive numbers without having to pay by getting you to assist us at the lake.
- You will meet all stunt register requirements with us.
- We will help you collect evidence for your diving skill in the form of video and photograpghs as well as just your certifications.
- We have exceptionally experienced instructors who are full time and not just teaching as a hobby.
- We go diving for fun too and will encourage you to come and see the wonders that the sea has to offer.
- We love diving and want to ensure that you do too.