Open Water Diver
The PADI Open Water course consists of three main phases –
Knowledge development: Following some home study and instructor guided classroom sessions you will learn the fundamental theory of scuba diving, ready for you to put into practice in the water.
Confined water dives: This is the in-water skills development section of the course. In shallow water, you will learn all the skills required to enable you to venture safely and confidently into your open water dives.
Open water dives: You will conduct a minimum of four dives in our lake, practicing skills and exploring the underwater world.
Master the above and that's it – you qualify as a PADI Open Water diver.
The course takes on average four full days to complete. It is normally run over the first two weekends of each month. We can, however, put together a bespoke course to fit your needs.
The entirety of the course takes place at our purpose built facility at Wraysbury Dive Centre. We have our own classroom, in-lake confined water area (so we don't have to use as swimming pool) and the lake itself for your open water dives.
PADI Open Water Course (First two weekends of the month): £425 per person.
PADI Open Water Course (You set the timetable – one on one): £650.
Open Water Special: Learn with a friend on the first two weekends of the month and pay just £375 each*.
Open Water Special: Learn with three or more friends on the first two weekends of the month and pay just £350.
Enhance your Open Water Course by adding the PADI Drysuit Speciality for just £125* (normally £155).
*Terms and Conditions apply - this offer only applies to those paying the full course fee of £425.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense. Many other dive schools will charge you for this.
- We love diving and want to ensure that you do too!